InsertNullBehaviour.InsertDefaultOrNull not working in build server

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
bhav27

InsertNullBehaviour.InsertDefaultOrNull not working in build server

Post by bhav27 » Tue 19 Aug 2014 09:20

We have a problem with dot connect of oracle when using EF6. In the stored file for .edml file generated we set following.

Code: Select all

<Property Name="ADDRESS_ID" Type="int64" Nullable="false" devart:DefaultValue="DDD_ADDRESS_ID.NEXTVAL" StoreGeneratedPattern="Identity" />
The Address_Id is populated correctly when record is saved in my local PC. However when we deploy this code using TFS build script the application do not generate correct insert sql as it do not include Address_id in the sql.

We get back database error due to this since key value cannot be inserted as null. I have installed EntityFramework dll in the project from Nuget package which I restored in the solution for TFS build. Everything else works fine for EF6 just the storedgeneratedpattern does not work. Am I missing anything? Here is the generated SQL

DECLARE
  updatedRowid ROWID;
BEGIN
INSERT INTO AGTAPP.DDD_CONTACT(ROLE, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, PHONE, MOBILE, FAX, EMAIL, QC_REPORT_CONTACT, LAST_UPDATED_BY)
VALUES (NULL, :p0, :p1, NULL, :p2, NULL, NULL, NULL, :p3)
RETURNING ROWID INTO updatedRowid;
OPEN :outParameter FOR SELECT DDD_CONTACT_ID, LAST_UPDATED_DATE FROM AGTAPP.DDD_CONTACT WHERE ROWID = updatedRowid;
END;

// Here we configure the EF-provider, so that the default values defined in the model are used 
            var config = OracleEntityProviderConfig.Instance;
            config.DmlOptions.InsertNullBehaviour = InsertNullBehaviour.InsertDefaultOrNull;

_context = new DDDEntities();
Looking at the assemblies generated by TFS build (using .net reflector) I can see .csdl, .msl and .ssdl resources being correctly embedded. What is build server missing for EF6?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: InsertNullBehaviour.InsertDefaultOrNull not working in build server

Post by Shalex » Wed 20 Aug 2014 12:35

bhav27 wrote:The Address_Id is populated correctly when record is saved in my local PC. However when we deploy this code using TFS build script the application do not generate correct insert sql as it do not include Address_id in the sql.
The further correspondence was carried out by email.
The reason of the problem was different versions of Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll used in projects in local PC and TFS server.