Any way to override RAW(16) mapping or some so?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
jgamba

Any way to override RAW(16) mapping or some so?

Post by jgamba » Wed 30 Jul 2014 20:54

Hi, I'm using a Micro-ORM called Simple.Data and I need to fix its adapter for dotConnect for Oracle but I found that when returning a query's resultset the mapping RAW(16) to Guid is just possible for Entity Framework.

On other side, I note that you allow to override mapping for numbers with OracleConnection NumberMappings property. Is there any similar way to override the mapping behavior for RAW(16)?.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Any way to override RAW(16) mapping or some so?

Post by MariiaI » Fri 01 Aug 2014 12:36

Could you please specify the scenario you are trying to implement and the difficulties you have encountered with this in more details. If we understood you correctly, you want so that the RAW(16) columns be mapped to Guid, don't you?
This ORM seems to be an open-source and, if there is no such support, there should be a possibility to make some configurations in it, which will help you to implement this scenario. Also, Simple.Data.Oracle supports dotConnect for Oracle and there should be no problems with this ( according to this link ).

jgamba

Post by jgamba » Fri 01 Aug 2014 16:25

Yes, I'm using the OSS Simple.Data.Oracle and using it I encoutered the mentioed problem. I'm contributing to that project fixing this issue.

I know that your data provider has the default behavior for Entity Framework to return GUIDs instead of Byte[] type in case of RAW(16) columns. Is there any configuration to obtain the same behavior for other ORMs?.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 04 Aug 2014 13:02

jgamba wrote:I know that your data provider has the default behavior for Entity Framework to return GUIDs instead of Byte[] type in case of RAW(16) columns. Is there any configuration to obtain the same behavior for other ORMs?.
Unfortunately, there is no such possibility in dotConnect for Oracle.
Probably, there is a possibility to make some configurations directly in Simple.Data, which will help you to implement this scenario.