Devart Assembly Deployment woes

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
rmagruder

Devart Assembly Deployment woes

Post by rmagruder » Fri 25 Jul 2014 15:09

So, we have a 4 person license. We installed a minimum install on one of our test servers, and I checked and it's now running 8.4.201.0 of dotConnect for Oracle, and that should be in its GAC.

I did a publish of a site that uses it, but references earlier assemblies (I have installed 8.4.181.0 on my development machine).

I set "Specific Version" to False on the three DevArt DLL's in my project, Copy Local is set to False, and I removed the LICX from my project since I'll be accessing the copy in the GAC on the server. I publish, and then, hitting the site, I get:

The Entity Framework provider type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.OracleEntityProviderServices, Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity, Version=8.4.201.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701' registered in the application config file for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'Devart.Data.Oracle' could not be loaded. Make sure that the assembly-qualified name is used and that the assembly is available to the running application. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information.

I changed all the web.config DevArt assembly references to 8.4.201.0. Still getting this. It clearly wants to load the assembly from the version installed on the server, but can't.

Where did I go wrong here?

Thanks,
Randy

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Devart Assembly Deployment woes

Post by Shalex » Mon 28 Jul 2014 07:14

rmagruder wrote:We installed a minimum install on one of our test servers
Minimal install doesn't copy the Entity Framework assemblies. You should use the "Required runtime assemblies + Entity Framework support" installation mode in your deployment environment.
If this doesn't help, specify again your error message (if changed) with its call stack. Also tell us the Entity Framework version used in your project.

rmagruder

Re: Devart Assembly Deployment woes

Post by rmagruder » Tue 29 Jul 2014 17:54

I'll follow up after I get a chance to try it again. Thanks.