Using ADO.NET Implementation of ASP.NET Identity 2 for Oracle

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
dunderfutz

Using ADO.NET Implementation of ASP.NET Identity 2 for Oracle

Post by dunderfutz » Thu 24 Jul 2014 14:14

I have created a new MVC 5 project (VS 2013 Update 2) using the Identity 2.0 framework. I have gone through the tutorial 'Using ADO.NET Implementation of ASP.NET Identity 2 for Oracle', following the steps in sequence. I have not been able to get the project to build, because in step 5 of the tutorial when you replace the line in the create method of the IdentityConfig.cs with

var manager = new ApplicationUserManager(new OracleUserStore());

I get two errors:

Error 1 The best overloaded method match for 'KMODSTS.ApplicationUserManager.ApplicationUserManager(Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.IUserStore<Devart.Common.Web.Identity.IdentityUser>)' has some invalid arguments

Error 2 Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Devart.Data.Oracle.Web.Identity.OracleUserStore' to 'Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.IUserStore<Devart.Common.Web.Identity.IdentityUser>'

I have repeated the process twice. I am using version 8.3.146.0

What am I missing?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Using ADO.NET Implementation of ASP.NET Identity 2 for Oracle

Post by Shalex » Fri 25 Jul 2014 06:30

The problem should be fixed starting from the 8.4.181 (12-Jun-14) build of dotConnect fro Oracle. Please upgrade to the latest (8.4.201) build and notify us about the result.