Change notification not working on IIS

Change notification not working on IIS

Postby dcoracle600pro » Wed 16 Jul 2014 14:00

Hi,

I would like to use the change notification in a web application. If I use the example code from this page https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/docs/Devart.Data.Oracle~Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDependency.html the notifaction works fine when I start my application within visual studio and IIS Express. But when I deploy my application on IIS8, then it does not work. There are no exceptions in my register function but the event does not come.
Any help is appreciated!
dcoracle600pro

Re: Change notification not working on IIS

Postby MariiaI » Fri 18 Jul 2014 11:26

Please specify the following details:
- the version of dotConnect for Oracle you are working with at the moment;
- the versions of the Oracle Server, and Client (if the Direct mode is not used), etc.;

If possible, please send us a test project with the necessary DDL scripts, with which this behaviour is reproducible, so that we could investigate it in more details and find the solution for you in a shortest time.
MariiaI
Devart Team

Postby dcoracle600pro » Fri 18 Jul 2014 14:34

- Devart Provider 8.1.26
- Oracle Database and Client 11.2.0.1.0 (not direct mode)

It is probably a firewall issue. If I turn the windows firewall of the notification also works with IIS.
dcoracle600pro

Postby Shalex » Mon 21 Jul 2014 14:06

dcoracle600pro wrote:If I turn the windows firewall of the notification also works with IIS.

This confirms that the issue is caused by your firewall.
JIC: we recommend you to specify a particular port number in the OracleDependency.Port property, then add a rule to the firewall not a block this port.
Shalex
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for Oracle