Change notification not working on IIS

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
dcoracle600pro

Change notification not working on IIS

Post by dcoracle600pro » Wed 16 Jul 2014 14:00

Hi,

I would like to use the change notification in a web application. If I use the example code from this page https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... dency.html the notifaction works fine when I start my application within visual studio and IIS Express. But when I deploy my application on IIS8, then it does not work. There are no exceptions in my register function but the event does not come.
Any help is appreciated!

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Change notification not working on IIS

Post by MariiaI » Fri 18 Jul 2014 11:26

Please specify the following details:
- the version of dotConnect for Oracle you are working with at the moment;
- the versions of the Oracle Server, and Client (if the Direct mode is not used), etc.;

If possible, please send us a test project with the necessary DDL scripts, with which this behaviour is reproducible, so that we could investigate it in more details and find the solution for you in a shortest time.

dcoracle600pro

Post by dcoracle600pro » Fri 18 Jul 2014 14:34

- Devart Provider 8.1.26
- Oracle Database and Client 11.2.0.1.0 (not direct mode)

It is probably a firewall issue. If I turn the windows firewall of the notification also works with IIS.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 21 Jul 2014 14:06

dcoracle600pro wrote:If I turn the windows firewall of the notification also works with IIS.
This confirms that the issue is caused by your firewall.
JIC: we recommend you to specify a particular port number in the OracleDependency.Port property, then add a rule to the firewall not a block this port.