Oracle12c : Creating 'common' user fails

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
vivekrathod

Oracle12c : Creating 'common' user fails

Post by vivekrathod » Tue 15 Jul 2014 13:25

I'm using dotConnect express for Oracle with OCI 11gR2 instant client. It can successfully connect to cdb$root and pluggable databases. Running DML, DDL statements against the PDB works. DML against the cdb$root also works. Some of the DDL against the cdb$root that I tried also seems to work, but when I try to create a 'common' user I get an error

ORA-12828: Can't start parallel transaction at a remote site

Looking up in Oracle doc on this error, I get this

Cause: PDML transaction cannot be started because we are not in the coordinator site of the distributed transaction.
Action: Do not use PDML at remote sites.

The create user statement I'm trying to run is

CREATE USER c##common_user1 identified by <pass> container = all

Also, I found that this statement works when issued via SQLPlus (which uses the same version of OCI instant client)

vivekrathod

Re: Oracle12c : Creating 'common' user fails

Post by vivekrathod » Tue 15 Jul 2014 19:34

I have some update on this - it seems that even a simple 'grant' statement fails with the same error. It seems to me any SQL that supports and uses 'container = all' clause will fail with the same error

The grant statement I attempted to run was something like this

grant dba to c##common_user container = all

[*] Makes me wonder whether dotConnect has full support for Oracle 12c multi-tenant CDB ?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 21 Jul 2014 11:33

Thank you for your report. We will investigate the issue and notify you about the result.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 31 Jul 2014 16:57

Please set the "Enlist=false;Transaction Scope Local=true;" options in your connection string and notify us about the result.