Using dotConnect for Oracle, having trouble with DbMonitor

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
phowe

Using dotConnect for Oracle, having trouble with DbMonitor

Post by phowe » Fri 23 May 2014 12:59

Sorry, I could not find a forum particular to DbMonitor, but I have a problem with it - I have lost the event window and cannot get it back!

The help says "This is the main dbMonitor window, which displays database event log. To display it choose Events from the View menu.

There's just one problem - there IS NO "Events" option in the view menu!

Can anyone help? All of the "request support" links on here flame out with the browser telling me they have a redirect loop!

Help!

Thanks,
Peter

phowe

Re: Using dotConnect for Oracle, having trouble with DbMonitor

Post by phowe » Fri 23 May 2014 13:43

I gave up in frustration and completely uninstalled and re-installed DbMonitor. I had to do it twice since the uninstall does not clean out the related registry keys, which is where the settings that were hiding the event window are stored.

Once I uninstalled the software, deleted ALL the registry keys related to DbMonitor, and re-installed it, I got the event window back. :x

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Using dotConnect for Oracle, having trouble with DbMonitor

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 26 May 2014 12:40

We have reproduced the issue with closing the Events window. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.
phowe wrote:The help says "This is the main dbMonitor window, which displays database event log. To display it choose Eventsfrom the Viewmenu.
You are right, there is no Events item in the View menu. We will fix our documentation and post here about the results as soon as possible.