Side by Side version for workflow 4.5 fails Due to oracle error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
gauravk

Side by Side version for workflow 4.5 fails Due to oracle error

Post by gauravk » Mon 05 May 2014 12:40

Hi,

I am using:
DevArt dotConnect for Oracle. instance store for Framework 4.5 (dll version 8.3.

Visual Studio 2012

Problem:
I am trying to achieve side by side WCF workflow service implementation hosted in local host. But it fails due to error :[OracleException (0x80004005): ORA-19025: EXTRACTVALUE returns value of only one node.

Devart team have metioned that side by side version is not supported.

http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28780

Please confirm whether side by side versioning of WF4.5 is supported by devart or not.

With Regards
Gaurav & Vivek
Last edited by gauravk on Thu 22 May 2014 07:44, edited 8 times in total.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Side by Side version for workflow 4.5 fails Due to oracle error

Post by Shalex » Tue 06 May 2014 16:32

Thank you for your test project. We have reproduced the error and are investigating the issue. We will notify you about the results as soon as any are available.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 16 May 2014 10:52

The bug with generating "ORA-19025: EXTRACTVALUE returns value of only one node" in Oracle Workflow Instance Store implementation is fixed in the latest (8.3.161) build of dotConnect for Oracle.

It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29592.

aconst

Post by aconst » Fri 13 Jun 2014 13:58

Hi,

I have installed 8.3.161 but I still get the same error.
I have WCF workflow services deployed on AppFabric 1.1
I changed the DefinitionIdentity of my xamlx and when I browse the xamlx I get below error.
I noticed that with version 8.3.161 no changes were introduced in the Oracle setup scripts, but only in the dll.
WWFSCHEMA81_45 -> this is the name of the oracle schema of my oracle data store.

[OracleException (0x80004005): ORA-19025: EXTRACTVALUE returns value of only one node
ORA-06512: at "WWFSCHEMA81_45.INSTANCESTORELOGIC", line 1225
ORA-06512: at "WWFSCHEMA81_45.INSTANCESTORELOGIC", line 92
ORA-06512: at line 2]
Devart.Data.Oracle.a3.c(Int32 A_0) +602
Devart.Data.Oracle.cl.a(Int32 A_0, b7 A_1) +1749
Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable disposable, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean nonQuery) +4154
Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery) +1218
Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +58
Devart.Data.Oracle.DurableInstancing.o.a(Boolean A_0) +634
Devart.Data.Oracle.DurableInstancing.a.c() +853

[InstancePersistenceCommandException: The execution of the InstancePersistenceCommand named {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:System.Activities.Persistence/command}CreateWorkflowOwnerWithIdentity was interrupted by an error.]
System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +654324
System.Runtime.DurableInstancing.InstancePersistenceContext.OuterExecute(InstanceHandle initialInstanceHandle, InstancePersistenceCommand command, Transaction transaction, TimeSpan timeout) +94
System.ServiceModel.Activities.Dispatcher.DurableInstanceManager.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +375

[CommunicationException: The InstanceStore could not be initialized.]
System.ServiceModel.Activities.Dispatcher.DurableInstanceManager.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +1584382
System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) +207
System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +742
System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(ServiceActivationInfo serviceActivationInfo, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +126
System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +901

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/StandardIssuerWorkflows/PRGCC_STNRD_001.xamlx' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: The InstanceStore could not be initialized..]
System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +654324
System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +210877
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +282

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 18 Jun 2014 15:04

Please make sure (via Debug > Windows > Modules menu of Visual Studio) that the Devart.* assemblies loaded in the process of your application are from the 8.3.161 version of dotConnect for Oracle.

If this doesn't help, send us a small test project so that we can reproduce the error in our environment.

aconst

Post by aconst » Tue 24 Jun 2014 15:02

Hi Shalex,

I did check the versions as you suggested and they do come up as expected:
and

Unfortunately for now I cannot send any sample project code, but something that may help you out with the investigation is that we get the error when there are at least two workflows with different WorkflowIdentity.
If there is one primary workflow (no WorkflowIdentity) and one with workflowidentity then it works.
If there is one primary workflow (no WorkflowIdentity) and two with workflowidentity then it does not work giving the error in this topic.
I.e. we cannot have more than 2 workflow versions running at the same time.

Regards,

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 19 Sep 2014 16:48

aconst wrote:If there is one primary workflow (no WorkflowIdentity) and two with workflowidentity then it does not work giving the error in this topic.
I.e. we cannot have more than 2 workflow versions running at the same time.
We cannot reproduce the problem. Please send us a small test project so that we can reproduce the error in our environment.