Stored Procedure Error with 8.3.135

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
DCutler

Stored Procedure Error with 8.3.135

Post by DCutler » Fri 11 Apr 2014 18:26

Hello,

We recently updated our DevArt dotConnect for Oracle from 6.10.xxx to 8.3.125 and encountered errors with our only Stored Procedure. The update yesterday for 8.3.135 fixed the NullValueException error we experienced however we still encounter the error: "Index was out of range. Must be a non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index".

The specific code that fails is here:

Code: Select all

Dim var = Me.ObjectContext.GetWRTSInfo(FolderID, CaseNumberID).Select(Function(x) New WRTSInfo With {.CaseNumberID = x.CaseNumberID, .ClockdownDate = x.Wrts_Clockdown_Dt, .DispositionTypeCode = x.Disposition_Type_Cd, .FolderID = x.FolderID, .HasClockdown = x.Wrts_Clockdown_Ind, .MinHours = x.Min_Hours_Nbr, .MinHoursText = x.Min_Hours_Txt, .MonthlyMaxHours = x.Max_Hours_Monthly, .WeeklyMaxHours = x.Max_Hours_Weekly, .FsBudgetDates = x.Fs_Budget_Dates, .PaBudgetDates = x.Pa_Budget_Dates}).ToList()
This worked in the previous 6.10.xxx version and no longer works in 8.3.xxx. The only difference I can see so far is when debugging in the previous version var would be filled with data to evaluate but in the current 8.3.135 update the breakpoint shows var as an "In-Memory Query", almost as if the Stored Procedure isn't completed.

Any help would be appreciated, perhaps I even overlooked something but I figured I would start here.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Stored Procedure Error with 8.3.135

Post by MariiaI » Mon 14 Apr 2014 13:09

Please send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML scripts to reproduce the error in our environment and specify the following information:
1) The exact versions of your Oracle client (xx.x.x.x) and Oracle server (xx.x.x.x).
2) If you are connecting in the OCI mode (via Oracle client), try switching to Direct Mode and vice versa.
3) The Entity Framework version.

Looking forward to your reply.