Installation of standard edition breaks Model Explorer and Model Designer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
avalor

Installation of standard edition breaks Model Explorer and Model Designer

Post by avalor » Tue 01 Apr 2014 08:50

I've using trial version and now I've purchased the standard edition. After installing, now I'm not able to open the Model Designer or Model Explorer. I get an error message which tells that information has been written in ActivityLog.xml:

<entry>
<record>246</record>
<time>2014/04/01 08:02:10.331</time>
<type>Error</type>
<source>VisualStudio</source>
<description>Construction of frame content failed.&#x000D;&#x000A;Frame identifier: ST:0:0:{a34b1c5d-6d37-4a0c-a8b0-99f8e8158b48}&#x000D;&#x000A;Frame caption: Explorador de modelos&#x000D;&#x000A;Exception details:&#x000D;&#x000A;System.ArgumentNullException: El valor no puede ser nulo.&#x000D;&#x000A;Nombre del par&#x00E1;metro: persistenceSlot&#x000D;&#x000A; en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Shell.ModelingPackage.CreateToolWindow(Guid& persistenceSlot)&#x000D;&#x000A; en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Shell.ModelingPackage.CreateToolWindow(Guid& rguidPersistenceSlot, UInt32 dwToolWindowId)&#x000D;&#x000A; en Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.ConstructContent()</description>
</entry>

When I try to compile the project, I get the following error:

Error 4: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity, Version=8.3.125.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.

I've searched the GAC and there is no registered 'Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll', so maybe the problem is there. Only Devart.Data, Devart.Data.Design and Devart.Data.Oracle are registered.

I've tried to reinstall without success. What can I do?

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Installation of standard edition breaks Model Explorer and Model Designer

Post by MariiaI » Tue 01 Apr 2014 11:47

I've using trial version and now I've purchased the standard edition.
I've searched the GAC and there is no registered 'Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll', so maybe the problem is there. Only Devart.Data, Devart.Data.Design and Devart.Data.Oracle are registered
Standard edition doesn't include Entity Framework support. Entity Framework support is available in dotConnect for Oracle Professional and Developer editions, please refer to: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/editions.html

Therefore, you need to upgrade the Standard edition to Professional/Developer. Please contact our Sales department (sales at devart dot com) with this question.

avalor

Re: Installation of standard edition breaks Model Explorer and Model Designer

Post by avalor » Wed 02 Apr 2014 08:08

Exactly!

I've upgraded my license to Professional Edition and now it's working again. My bad!

Thank you