Order of Insert and Delete operations

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
sysment

Order of Insert and Delete operations

Post by sysment » Mon 17 Mar 2014 14:20

Hi,
there is a form where the user can manage records from a data table in a grid. When the user clicks on OK, I call DataContext.SubmitChanges.

The problem is that the user deletes a record, then adds another one with the same unique key (not the primary key). In this case we will have two operations: a delete and an insert.

When I call DataContext.SubmitChanges, the engine executes the insert operation first, and it causes a UK violation error. If it had executed the delete first, then everything would be fine.

Is there away to determine the order of the operations?

Thanks for your help,
Zoltan

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Order of Insert and Delete operations

Post by MariiaI » Wed 19 Mar 2014 14:37

Please send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML scripts, so that we are able to reproduce this issue and investigate it in more details.

Looking forward to your reply.

sysment

Post by sysment » Fri 21 Mar 2014 15:15

Hi,
I sent the sample project to [email protected].

Thanks for your help!

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 24 Mar 2014 12:22

Thank you for the sample project. We have reproduced this issue with LinqConnect 4.4.383. However, this issue is not reproducible with the latest build of LinqConnect 4.4.453 (dotConnect for Oracle 8.3.115).
Please try the latest build and tell us about the results.

sysment

Post by sysment » Wed 26 Mar 2014 10:07

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I cannot use the latest version because of some dependencies, but I will upgrade as soon as possible.