VS 2012 Web Application licensing issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
ptzedakis

VS 2012 Web Application licensing issue

Post by ptzedakis » Fri 31 Jan 2014 08:01

Hi,
Yesterday, I upgraded to the latest dotConnect for Oracle .NET driver and used it in a new web application project I am building.

(before I installed the new version, I followed your instructions and uninstalled Devart software and then completely removed any Devart files left in the filesystem and/or GAC (windows\assembly).

My web application consists of a number of Web User Controls that will be compiled on demand on the server during execution.

I followed your EXACT instructions on how to create an App_Licenses.dll and no matter what I did, I could NOT create it because the Build Runtime License context menu command is not available. I tried including the licenses.licx file within the Properties folder (along with AssemblyInfo.cs file where it is placed naturally). I also tried to move the licenses.licx file to the root of my project (as you suggested) along my Web User Controls, cleaned and deleted bin and obj folder, rebuild and still nothing.

I tried the above on Visual Studio 2010 AND Visual Studio 2012 and it does NOT work, no matter what.

I have lost over an hour trying to make this work.

Can you supply a sample project where the licenses.licx file exists and when we right click on it, it will show the Build Runtime Licenses command ?

Or, can you suggest anything more that I have to do to make your software work?

I am on a deadline now and I need to sort this asap...

Thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: VS 2012 Web Application licensing issue

Post by Shalex » Mon 03 Feb 2014 08:43

Please specify the following information:
1. Is the type of your project ASP.NET Web Application or Web Site?
2. Send us a screenshot of the Tools > Oracle > License Information window.
3. Give us the exact text of the error and its call stack.

joezen777

Post by joezen777 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 14:51

I had to run this from within my project directory in VS2012 command prompt.

Code: Select all

lc.exe /complist:properties\licenses.licx /target:bin\MyWebApiAssembly.dll /i:bin\DevArt.Data.Oracle.dll

joezen777

Post by joezen777 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 15:48

Also, after the .licenses file was generated. I copied to my .\properties directory in my WebApi project and then included it in the .csproj and changed the output type to "Embedded Resource"

Now machines that don't have devart installed can build and deploy.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 27 Feb 2014 09:33

Thank you for your feedback.