Side by Side WCF workflow service hosting with devArt oracle store fails with: ORA-19025

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
aconst

Side by Side WCF workflow service hosting with devArt oracle store fails with: ORA-19025

Post by aconst » Thu 23 Jan 2014 11:00

Hi,

I am using:
DevArt dotConnect for Oracle v8.1 instance store for Framework 4.5 (dll version 8.1.26.2)
Appfabric 1.1 as a host
Visual Studio 2012

Problem:
I am trying to achieve side by side WCF workflow service implementation, hosted in AppFabric. I tried with several of my workflows and I always get the same error. I even tried with one with just a WCF receive activity.
The steps to reproduce are as below (you can refer to this post as well: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Side-by- ... g-0fe24cd3, here it has a nice video that explains in detail all the necessary steps)
1. Create a service i.e. Service1.xamlx
2. I create a folder "Service1" under App_Code folder
3. I copy Service1.xamlx to "Service1" folder and rename to Service1_v1.xamlx
4. I change the DefinitionIdentity of my root Service1.xmlx. Use any name/version
5. I try to run the service and get below exception:
WWFSCHEMA81_45 -> name of my oracle schema of the instance store
Service1 -> name of my WCF service

[OracleException (0x80004005): ORA-19025: EXTRACTVALUE returns value of only one node
ORA-06512: at "WWFSCHEMA81_45.INSTANCESTORELOGIC", line 1225
ORA-06512: at "WWFSCHEMA81_45.INSTANCESTORELOGIC", line 92
ORA-06512: at line 2]
Devart.Data.Oracle.a2.c(Int32 A_0) +602
Devart.Data.Oracle.cs.a(Int32 A_0, cc A_1) +1765
Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable disposable, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean nonQuery) +4238
Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery) +1218
Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +58
Devart.Data.Oracle.DurableInstancing.o.a(Boolean A_0) +634
Devart.Data.Oracle.DurableInstancing.a.c() +853

[InstancePersistenceCommandException: The execution of the InstancePersistenceCommand named {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:System.Activities.Persistence/command}CreateWorkflowOwnerWithIdentity was interrupted by an error.]
System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +654324
System.Runtime.DurableInstancing.InstancePersistenceContext.OuterExecute(InstanceHandle initialInstanceHandle, InstancePersistenceCommand command, Transaction transaction, TimeSpan timeout) +94
System.ServiceModel.Activities.Dispatcher.DurableInstanceManager.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +375

[CommunicationException: The InstanceStore could not be initialized.]
System.ServiceModel.Activities.Dispatcher.DurableInstanceManager.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +1584382
System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) +207
System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +742
System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(ServiceActivationInfo serviceActivationInfo, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +126
System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +901

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/StandardWorkflows/Service1.xamlx' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: The InstanceStore could not be initialized..]
System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +654324
System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +210877
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +282

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Side by Side WCF workflow service hosting with devArt oracle store fails with: ORA-19025

Post by Shalex » Fri 24 Jan 2014 13:16

aconst wrote:Appfabric 1.1 as a host
We are working on the implementation of AppFabric Dashboard. Currently it is not supported.
aconst wrote:1. Create a service i.e. Service1.xamlx
2. I create a folder "Service1" under App_Code folder
3. I copy Service1.xamlx to "Service1" folder and rename to Service1_v1.xamlx
4. I change the DefinitionIdentity of my root Service1.xmlx. Use any name/version
5. I try to run the service and get below exception: [...]
Please send us a small test project so that we can reproduce the ORA-19025 error in our environment.