"License expired or not valid..." when running mobile application

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
labate

"License expired or not valid..." when running mobile application

Post by labate » Tue 31 Jan 2006 13:32

Hi,

I have an error message when I run a mobile application and cannot find the solution with the documentation.

The message says:
"License expired or no valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in OraDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support."

I use the trial version since January 17 2006 and the license is not expired, I have another application that works good.

The application is developped with VS2005 Pro, targeting Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC.

I copied the Table.8 project in the OraDirect sample solution to make a distinct new project where I wanted to change the connection parameters, and SQL queries to point to our development Oracle database.

I put in the project root the "CoreLab.Oracle.licenses" file and configured its Build Action as "Embedded Resource".

Anyway I receive this error message when I run the app on the emulator.

Thanks for any suggestion.
Adriano

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue 31 Jan 2006 14:04

Can you reproduce this problem with one of sample projects?
If you have a problem, please create small application with one OracleConnection and license information. Please send us sources and .exe, .dll files

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue 31 Jan 2006 14:07

We found a problem with mobile applications and licensing. You have to call OracleConnection.Open() before executing OracleDataAdapter.Fill. We will fix this problem in the next build.