Can I Install dotConnect for oracle on ubuntu?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
arun507

Post by arun507 » Sun 08 Dec 2013 07:42

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Can I Install dotConnect for oracle on ubuntu?

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 10 Dec 2013 14:33

dotConnect for Oracle can be used on a Ubuntu platform under Mono. However dotConnect for Oracle can't be installed on Ubuntu. You should install dotConnect for Oracle on a computer with a Windows OS and then copy the required assemblies like Devart.Data.dll or Devart.Data.Oracle.dll to OS with Mono.
Besides, when you create an application that uses Devart assemblies, it must have a license resource. License information is a specially formed embedded resource. It is checked when a connection is opened. As you can't install dotConnect for Oracle on Mono, you will have to build the license resource manually on a Windows computer, and then copy it to Mono computer and attach it to your project as an Embedded Resource.
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... .html#mono

arun507

Post by arun507 » Mon 16 Dec 2013 05:09

Thanks for u r reply...
Another doubt is the license file generation is one time or like that?
I generated the license file for ASP.net Web Application it is working fine but the problem is I have a daemon exe that is also going to run on ubuntu,I followed the same procedure for generating license resource but failed to do it is saying the error "The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)".
I wrote Devart.Data.OracleConnection,Devart.Data.Oracle,Devart.Data in the licenses.licx file

Please Help me in this regard..

Thanks in Advance

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 18 Dec 2013 14:28