dotConnect for Oracle 8.1 breaking change(s)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
motuzko

dotConnect for Oracle 8.1 breaking change(s)

Post by motuzko » Thu 21 Nov 2013 22:20

Dear support,

By any chance, is it possible to remove the sealed restriction from OracleDataProvider class? Unless you have strong reason(s) to keep it as such (and if so, I would like to know about such reasons), I want to be able to inherit from it.

I am very close to a release and need to make a decision whether to rollback to 7.x or not.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

I will really appreciate a prompt response.

Kind regards,

Phil Motuzko

P.S. If you decide to satisfy my demand, would you please update me on how to get a current build that has this change?

motuzko

Re: dotConnect for Oracle 8.1 breaking change(s)

Post by motuzko » Fri 22 Nov 2013 03:25

Alternatively, you can expose a non-hack way of cancelling a current IDbCommand (by either exposing a current IDbCommand instance or exposing a CancelCurrentCommandIfAny method) in Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext. I am using this in a scenario when I execute a time-consuming SQL that needs to be cancelled.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 25 Nov 2013 08:22

We will make changes, which will allow to inherit from the OracleDataProvider class. The changes will be available in the next public build of dotConnect for Oracle. We will inform you when it is available for download.

motuzko

Post by motuzko » Mon 25 Nov 2013 18:16

Thanks!

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Thu 28 Nov 2013 14:35

New build of dotConnect for Oracle 8.1.45 is available for download!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28408.