Problem with German letters (ÖÄÜß)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
ths

Problem with German letters (ÖÄÜß)

Post by ths » Tue 15 Oct 2013 06:42

Hello,
i am not sure where the problem comes from, but it seems to me there is something wrong with my settings for dotConnect for Oracle. I use newest dotConnect version and Direct = False setting.
The project is based on Developer Express DevExtreme template for soltion including WCF ODataService project and Multi-Channel project. On my Android device i see all labels with cpecial characters shown correctely. However, the data fields including special character are shown wrong. Instead of öäü it renders oau. Moreover, going from overview to details send subquery with wrong WHERE clause when there are special characters inside and therefore does not return data.

I have checked the same thing with MS SQL System.Data.SqlClient provider and it has no this problem. So it is definitely related to dotConnect for Oracle and not to Developer Express. The question is if it is settings problem or it is a bug?

Thanks,
Vladimir

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Problem with German letters (ÖÄÜß)

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 15 Oct 2013 13:17

Try using 'Unicode=true' parameter in your connection string or setting the Unicode property of your OracleConnection object to 'true'.
For more information, please refer to
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... icode.html

ths

Re: Problem with German letters (ÖÄÜß)

Post by ths » Tue 15 Oct 2013 13:34

Thank you very much. It is okey now.