Enum and StoredProcedure issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
McMlok

Enum and StoredProcedure issue

Post by McMlok » Wed 19 Jun 2013 08:26

Hello,

I have entity with property witch is enum defined in model. When I dont use storedprocedures for CRUD operations everything works fine. But when I use storedprocedure for insert, update, delete enum property is set to procedure argument as string name of enum member. Stored procedure argument is int type, table column is int and entity property is enum.

I use dotConnect for Oracle 7.7.257
Oracle 11g
EF 5.0

Thanks

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Enum and StoredProcedure issue

Post by Shalex » Mon 24 Jun 2013 14:14

Thank you for your report. We have reproduced the issue and are investigating it.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 26 Jun 2013 16:55

McMlok wrote:But when I use storedprocedure for insert, update, delete enum property is set to procedure argument as string name of enum member.
You saw string name of enum member in the (In/Out) Value column of the Parameters windows in dbMonitor, didn't you? This is so because dbMonitor gives a string representation (.ToString()) of parameter's value. But the data sent to the database is a number. This is a designed behaviour.

If you encounter another issue, please specify the exact text of the error you are getting and its call stack.

McMlok

Post by McMlok » Thu 27 Jun 2013 11:48

I try it again in 7.7.267 and it works. May be there was problem with parameters order in imported procedure and when I see text i DB monitor I thing tahta probelm is there.

Thank's