Table not added to the model

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
thiruppathi

Table not added to the model

Post by thiruppathi » Wed 22 May 2013 08:48

Hi,

One of my table is not getting added to the model. Can anyone help me out on this? It doesn't have Primary key but both the columns are mandatory.

Thank you in advance

Thiru.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Table not added to the model

Post by Shalex » Thu 23 May 2013 12:10

You are working with Entity Framework, aren't you? If yes, which item - ADO.NET Entity Data Model (*.edmx) or Devart Entity Model (*.edml) - are you using?

We recommend you to employ Devart Entity Model (*.edml): http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/ed-vs-edm.html.

There are the following rules in Entity Developer of creating EntityKey basing on the availability 1-3 in the table/view:
1. primary key
2. unique index
3. non-nullable columns
If a table/view includes nothing from the listed options, EntityKey is not created.

If this doesn't help, post here the DDL script of your table which is not getting added to the model.

thiruppathi

Post by thiruppathi » Thu 23 May 2013 13:07

Hi Shalex,

I have used Devart Entity Model (*.edml) and table has 2 non-nullable columns without a primary key. Let me know send you the ddl script for the table as soon as possible.

Thank you for your reply.

Thiru

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 27 May 2013 08:18

Please upgrade to the latest (5.5.105) version of Entity Developer. If this doesn't help, send us the DDL script of your table which is not getting added to the model via our contact form: http://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html.

thiruppathi

Post by thiruppathi » Fri 28 Jun 2013 02:54

After upgrading, table is added

Thanks