System.AccessViolationException

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
esben

Post by esben » Wed 15 May 2013 06:11

Hi
At one of our customers we get a System.AccessViolationException from dotconnect every now and again.

The application is a windows service that regularly pools an e-mail server and inserts/updates some data into a table in the database.

These errors only happens during the night, not every night, but regularly enough that it is becoming an issue. I know you might have no way of reproducing this (I can't either) and it might not even be fixable, but could you look into it? I have included the relevant part of the stack trace.

I think it might be worth noting that the Oracle database is replicated each night, so it is a very likely cause of the problems.

Code: Select all

Stack:
   vid OciDynamicType.nativeOCIAttrSet(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, UInt32, IntPtr, Int32, UInt32, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef)
   vid OciDynamicType.OCIAttrSet(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, UInt32, IntPtr, Int32, UInt32, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef)
   vid Devart.Data.Oracle.ak.a(System.Object)
   vid Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection.Open()
   vid System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(System.Data.DataSet, System.Data.DataTable[], Int32, Int32, System.String, System.Data.IDbCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
   vid System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(System.Data.DataSet, Int32, Int32, System.String, System.Data.IDbCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
   vid Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDataAdapter.Fill(System.Data.DataSet, Int32, Int32, System.String, System.Data.IDbCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
   vid System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(System.Data.DataSet, System.String)

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: System.AccessViolationException

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 20 May 2013 08:16

Unfortunately, the provided stack trace does not let us find any possible reasons of the issue.

Try doing the following:
1. Use the latest version of dotConnect for Oracle;
2. Use another Oracle Client;
3. Use the Direct mode.

Is the issue reproduced after these steps?

For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... tmode.html

If you manage to reproduce the issue persistently, then please send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML scripts for reproducing the issue.