what's wrong?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
MaGl

what's wrong?

Post by MaGl » Wed 24 Apr 2013 06:47

Hi

I developed an .net-application using devart on a xp-machine. Everything went fine.
After deploying (copying) the files to a win7-machine i get an error when connecting
to the database ("Cannot obtain blablabla"). I was using OCI-mode which searches the registry for some Oracle-key obviously. I checked the registry and there is no key HKLM\Software\Oracle. On the machine is an 11g-client installed and that one writes a key to HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node...
Is dotconnect certified for 11g on win7?

thx
Matthias

P.S. via direct mode it works!

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: what's wrong?

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 24 Apr 2013 14:16

Please make sure that the capacity of the Oracle Client and your application is the same.

It is likely that your application is run on Windows 7 as a x64 application. In this case a x64 client is looked for. You can check the capacity of your application in Task Manager.

Change the 'Platform target' project property to x86. You can change the platform for your project in the Configuration Manager. For more information, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 10%29.aspx
After this, rebuild your application on the computer with Windows XP and deploy it on the computer with Windows 7.

MaGl

Re: what's wrong?

Post by MaGl » Thu 25 Apr 2013 12:24

Hi

Didn't know a thing about the platform-thingy. I'm new to .net and will give
your solution a shot.

thx
Matthias