EF model is not embedded when running TFS Team Build

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
object

EF model is not embedded when running TFS Team Build

Post by object » Wed 27 Feb 2013 11:29

Hello,

We have an assembly that contains an Entity Framework model. The model (edml) file has standard properties:

Build action: DevartEntityDeploy
Custom tool: DevartEfGenerator

Everything works fine on local development machine and the machine with non-TFS (Jenkins) build. However, we have to move our build environment to TFS server (with TFS 2012), and there our tests fail with the exception: "MetadataException: Unable to load the specified metadata resource".

The connection string is fine, but when I checked the output folders, I found that the resulting DLL file was much smaller than it should be, it simply lacked EF model. I see that on the local machine I can find the following files in the obj folder:

DataModel.csdl
DataModel.msl
DataModel.ssdl

However these files don't exist in obj folder on the TFS build server. But build process does not fail and the resulting DLL is generated but it lacks the model.

Again, this happens only on a TFS server (with dotConnect for Oracle 3.7 installed).

Do you have an idea what it can be?

Thanks in advance

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: EF model is not embedded when running TFS Team Build

Post by Shalex » Thu 28 Feb 2013 08:21

object wrote:However, we have to move our build environment to TFS server (with TFS 2012), and there our tests fail with the exception: "MetadataException: Unable to load the specified metadata resource".
Please make sure that you have set the Metadata Artifact Processing property of your model to the Embed In Output Assembly value on your TFS server. Notify us about the result.
object wrote:Again, this happens only on a TFS server (with dotConnect for Oracle 3.7 installed).
Do you mean that you are using the 7.3 version of dotConnect for Oracle? Specify the exact build number.

object

Re: EF model is not embedded when running TFS Team Build

Post by object » Thu 28 Feb 2013 14:17

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the reply. It appeared that the issue was caused by the missing Devart subfolder in Program Files MSBuild folder. Not sure why this happenned in first place, but re-installing dotConnect restored necessary Devart-specific MSBuild folders and files, and the problem was gone.

Best regards
Vagif