Oracle Connection pool in Direct mode

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
saschab

Oracle Connection pool in Direct mode

Post by saschab » Thu 25 Oct 2012 15:22

Hello together,

i've a multithreading c# application that needs a connection pool. Is there a way to implemet this when using dot connect for oracle in direct mode? Or have I to implement it somehow by my own? :(

Best Regards
Sascha

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Oracle Connection pool in Direct mode

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 29 Oct 2012 10:21

dotConnect for Oracle supports the connection pool in the Direct mode. So you can use the connection pool in a multi-threaded application in the Direct mode.

saschab

Post by saschab » Wed 31 Oct 2012 12:52

Hi,

thx for the reply can you give me a small example how to implement it? At the moment I've set the maxpoolsize to 150 and do a OracleConnection = new Oracleconnection with the connection string from the ConnectionStringBuilder class in the threads.
Is this the right way to use connection pooling in direct mode?

Best Regards Sascha

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 01 Nov 2012 14:48

You have to set the Pooling connection string parameter to 'True'. By default, if not specified explicitly, the Pooling parameter value is equal to 'True'.

Another way is to initialize the connection via the OracleConnectionStringBuilder class object. This object has the Pooling property. Set the value of this property to 'True' and for the connection initialized by this object, Connection pool will be used.

For more information, please refer to
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... tring.html
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... oling.html