System.OufOfMemoryException

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
David9

System.OufOfMemoryException

Post by David9 » Tue 18 Sep 2012 08:01

Hello everyone,

I'm using Devart 5.7 and C# with framework 4.0. I have a thread that executes select statements infinitely, but after 6 hours of execution my application crash. When I see the windows application log I see the information related with that crash is in relationship with Devart.Data.Linq. In the windows task manager I see my application uses 2 GB of memory RAM while at the begining it only used 40 MB. Is there a way to force a memory cleaning?
Between each select execution I don't reconnect to the database, I mean, I open the database connection once and I use it infenitely, do I open and close the connection for every select the thread executes?

I know the version is quite old, but, someone could give me any help because I can't update the version of devart. Some help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: System.OufOfMemoryException

Post by MariiaI » Wed 19 Sep 2012 13:23

We have made multiple fixes related to LinqConnect memory usage in later versions. Please try to update your version and notify us about the results.

If you encounter any problems with updating dotConnect for Oracle, please contact our Sales department( sales at devart dot com ), specifying your license number.