Correct licenses.licx, however app is not working in QA

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
frannizzo

Correct licenses.licx, however app is not working in QA

Post by frannizzo » Mon 20 Aug 2012 18:28

Hello,

I ran into an issue with the following error when deploying to our QA environment.

"License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in dotConnect for Oracle documentation for details or contact Devart technical"

I've followed the "Licensing" document on fixing the issue within the licensing wizard, however, we are still getting the same error when deploying to our QA environment. I've also publish the build in our Dev environment and the web application is working fine. I'm not sure what is the issue here. We currently have a working build in Production and we're putting out a new release of the application. This issue has never arise before.

Much help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Francis

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Correct licenses.licx, however app is not working in QA

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 22 Aug 2012 12:09

If the type of your application is ASP .NET Web Site, then, after you create the license resource manually or via License Wizard and compile the project, you will get the App_Licenses.dll file in the Bin directory. When deploying your web site, place the App_Licenses.dll file to the Bin directory of your site.