Stored Procs still don't work

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
edstaffin

Stored Procs still don't work

Post by edstaffin » Fri 03 Aug 2012 21:03

I upgraded form 6.8 to 7.1 and now none of my stored proc calls work. I am completely stuck. I tried deleting the proc from the lqml and then re-dropping it from the db explorer, but when I do that there is no ProcNameResult type created. Nothing I do seems to work. What is the magic spell I need to cast to make this work!!!
Last edited by edstaffin on Sat 04 Aug 2012 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

edstaffin

Re: Stored Procs still don't work

Post by edstaffin » Fri 03 Aug 2012 21:50

More information. When I try to do for each on the returned query, I get an
"Index was outside the bounds of the array" exception. This happens regardless of what proc I call. BTW, this is using vb ... if that makes any difference.
Thanks ... Ed

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Tue 07 Aug 2012 07:06

The model objects are not always displayed on the diagram layout, most likely the complex type is available only in the Model Explorer. Please specify, does only the diagram layout not display the complex type, or it is also does not reside in the Model Explorer?
As for the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" exception, this issue has been fixed. It will be available in the next build of dotConnect for Oracle, which we plan to release this week.

edstaffin

Post by edstaffin » Thu 09 Aug 2012 14:33

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
It appears that when I drag the proc from the db explorer under the packages branch, the proc is created in the model but the complex type is not created either in the diagram or the model explorer.
Thanks ... Ed

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Fri 10 Aug 2012 11:46

The fix that refers to the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" exception is available in new build of dotConnect for Oracle 7.1.58.

We were unable to reproduce the issue related to creating complex types for the stored procedures. We have sent you the package with stored procedure to the e-mail address you have provided in your forum profile. Please make changes to it, so that the issue could be reproduced, and send it back to us.
As an option you can send us your test project with the DDL/DML script and model to enable us to reproduce this issue in our environment.

JIC: when you add a procedure/function from the database explorer, you should be prompted to execute this procedure or function to get the metadata of its resultsett. Please make sure that you select "YES" in the appeared dialog.

edstaffin

Post by edstaffin » Fri 10 Aug 2012 14:13

I got the stuff you sent and will take a look at it. As an aside, it appears that the issue is with some procs and not others. I can't seem to nail down what the difference is. However, I am certain this is a bug because when I do this with the 6.8 version it works fine. It's only with the new 7.1+ versions that I have the problem. I will see if I can create a reproduceable case and send it to you.
Thanks ... Ed

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Fri 17 Aug 2012 09:10

Were you able to change the sample project and reproduce the issue with creating complex types for the stored procedures using it?
We look forward to your reply.