AcccessViolation Exception

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Shalex
Site Admin

Re: AcccessViolation Exception

Post by Shalex » Thu 04 Oct 2012 16:44

The corresponding build of dotConnect for Oracle 7.2.96 is already available for download!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25020.

Alladin

Post by Alladin » Fri 05 Oct 2012 15:13

Ok. Now AccessViolation exception is gone, but OverflowException thrown.

Code: Select all

at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleTimeStamp..ctor(IntPtr A_0, OracleDbType A_1, bf A_2)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.w.l(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.av.f(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.ab.a(Int32 A_0)
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper.ErrorHandlingValueReader`1.GetValue(DbDataReader reader, Int32 ordinal)
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper.GetPropertyValueWithErrorHandling[TProperty](Int32 ordinal, String propertyName, String typeName)
   at lambda_method(Closure , Shaper )
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper.HandleEntityAppendOnly[TEntity](Func`2 constructEntityDelegate, EntityKey entityKey, EntitySet entitySet)
   at lambda_method(Closure , Shaper )
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Coordinator`1.ReadNextElement(Shaper shaper)
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper`1.SimpleEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Queryable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IQueryable`1 source)

sgawde

Post by sgawde » Thu 11 Oct 2012 12:27

Hi,

We tested the latest Devart dlls (7.2.96.0) and the AccessViolation issue seems to be resolved.
However, while testing we came across follow defect.

When we add any 'CHAR' parameter to query, the query returns empty result set even if there are records available.
I tried changing the OracleDBType from 'CHAR' to 'VarChar', the same query returned the expected results. This is happening with latest DevArt DLLs only.

Below is the code snippet to build the command object with parameterized query.

Code Snippet (in C#):
OracleCommand myCommand = new OracleCommand();
myCommand.Connection = myConnection;
myCommand.CommandText = string.Format("select * from TestDevart where STATUS = :paramStatus");
myCommand.Parameters.Add("paramStatus", OracleDbType.Char, 1, 'I', ParameterDirection.Input);

The above query does not return any records. However, if we try changing the OracleDbType to VarChar the same query returns the expected results. Please find below the changed code snippet.

myCommand.Parameters.Add("paramStatus", OracleDbType.VarChar, 1, 'I', ParameterDirection.Input);

Also, I am attaching the sample application with DB scripts to reproduce this issue.

sgawde

Post by sgawde » Thu 11 Oct 2012 12:33

I am unable to attach sample application. Can you please provide me the sufficient rights?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 12 Oct 2012 13:39

Alladin wrote:Now AccessViolation exception is gone, but OverflowException thrown.
We have found a weak place in our code and will notify you when the problem is resolved.
sgawde wrote:When we add any 'CHAR' parameter to query, the query returns empty result set even if there are records available.
We have reproduced the bug in the unicode mode and will post here when it is fixed.

sgawde

Post by sgawde » Thu 25 Oct 2012 08:31

When can we expect fix for this issue?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 01 Nov 2012 16:11

We are going to send you the internal build of dotConnect for Oracle with both fixes ("the CHAR parameter when Unicode=true" and "connection pool is not getting cleared on AppDomain unload") in the beginning of the next week.

sgawde

Post by sgawde » Thu 08 Nov 2012 14:22

Hi Shalex,

Do you have any updates regarding new release.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 09 Nov 2012 12:23

Sandeep, we have just sent a download link to your e-mail address. If you didn't receive it, check your spam filter and contact us.

sgawde

Post by sgawde » Fri 09 Nov 2012 14:36

Hi Shalex,

I do not see such mail neither in Junk nor in Inbox. I hope there was no .zip/.dll attached to it. These files are blocked at our end.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 12 Nov 2012 10:50

Sandeep, could you please confirm that you have received a download link and both issues are resolved in the new build?

sgawde

Post by sgawde » Mon 12 Nov 2012 11:50

Shalex, I did not receive any mail. Are you sure you sent mail at [email protected]?

sgawde

Post by sgawde » Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:50

Hi Shalex,

I received the mail and downloaded the msi. We are working towards verifying the fix.
However, please let us know when will be the release build available.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 13 Nov 2012 15:33

We are going to release the new public build of dotConnect for Oracle this week. We will post here when it is available for download.

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed 14 Nov 2012 15:59

akazi wrote:
Can you provide us an ETA for the AccessViolation fix that also fixes the CHAR issue.
Thanks,
Ather