ADO.NET Entity Framework With Oracle 9.2.0.8

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
clambert

ADO.NET Entity Framework With Oracle 9.2.0.8

Post by clambert » Thu 21 Jun 2012 08:00

Hi,

I have dotConnect for Oracle Professionnal and I use this with an ASP.NET RIA Service.

When application is connecting to an Oracle DataBase 10g, the connection is ok. When I modify my connection String to connect on Oracle Database 9.2.0.8, the connection is fail.

Normaly, docConnet for Oracle is ok for oracle 9.2.0.4 or higher.

Is there a particular power setting an Oracle database 9.2.0.4 or higher ?

Thank for you reponse,

Christian

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: ADO.NET Entity Framework With Oracle 9.2.0.8

Post by Shalex » Fri 22 Jun 2012 14:31

clambert wrote:When I modify my connection String to connect on Oracle Database 9.2.0.8, the connection is fail.
Please specify the following information:
1. The exact text of the error and the call stack.
2. Your connection string (roughly, without credentials).

clambert

Post by clambert » Fri 22 Jun 2012 16:02

here is the information

1:
à System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)
à System.Data.Objects.Internal.ObjectQueryExecutionPlan.Execute[TResultType](ObjectContext context, ObjectParameterCollection parameterValues)
à System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption)
à System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator()
à System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
à System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.<GetElementFunction>b__0[TResult](IEnumerable`1 sequence)
à System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot)
à System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression)
à System.Linq.Queryable.First[TSource](IQueryable`1 source)
à MetaAnalysis.StarModel.Web.starModelDomainService.GetT_SUJETByIdeSujet(Int32 ide, Int32 ideLang)
and in my silverligth have an Oracle Error ORA-00942 : TABLE or VIEW not exist

2 : My Connection String

Code: Select all

<configuration>
    <add name="maEntities" ConnectionString="metadata=res://*/starModel.csdl|res://*/starModel.ssdl|res://*/starModel.msl;provider=Devart.Data.Oracle;provider connection string="User Id=MyUser;Password=XXXX;Server=ORABASE;Persist Security Info=True"" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient"/>
 </connectionStrings>

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 27 Jun 2012 15:46

1. Make sure that the needed table/view really exists in your Oracle 9.2.0.8 database.
2. The possible reason is that your tables in the SSDL part of the model have the schema name value (actual for your Oracle 10g) in the Schema property, but the different schema name is used in your Oracle 9.2.0.8. As a solution in this case, turn on the IgnoreSchemaName option in your code:

Code: Select all

var config = Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Configuration.OracleEntityProviderConfig.Instance; 
  config.Workarounds.IgnoreSchemaName = true;
3. Turn on the dbMonitor tool and find out what's wrong with the generated SQL query.
Download link: http://www.devart.com/dbmonitor/dbmon3.exe
Documentation: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... nitor.html

clambert

Post by clambert » Thu 28 Jun 2012 13:57

Thanks for your responce.

For answer to your question and the other user.
1. My table exist in my Oracle 9.2.0.8 Database
2. Turn On the IgnoreSchemaName is the good solution and my application is Ok on the 2 Oracle version.

:D