Persistence Workflow

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
EmilyFong

Persistence Workflow

Post by EmilyFong » Sun 20 May 2012 04:45

I am using the dotConnect for Oracle 6.80 in our Workflow service program.
I have a Workflow service (xamlx) which host in WCF and use configuration file to persist the instanceID in oracle.
In the client application, I can call the receive activity in the workflow to create the new instance ID. However, we can't resume the existing workflow by providing the instanceID in IContextManager. A new instanceID was created even we add the instanceID in the IContextManager before calling the service.
So, do we missing any step on it? Thanks!

Code: Select all

Binding binding = new System.ServiceModel.BasicHttpContextBinding(); 
ServiceReference1.ServiceClient proxy = new ServiceReference1.ServiceClient();
proxy.Start(123);  //New Instance ID was created at this time.

ServiceReference1.StartRequest request1 = new ServiceReference1.StartRequest();
ServiceReference1.IService _ServiceChannel4 = new ChannelFactory<ServiceReference1.IService>(binding, new EndpointAddress("http://localhost/WorkflowEngine/sequence.xamlx")).CreateChannel();

IContextManager context4 = (_ServiceChannel4 as IClientChannel).GetProperty<IContextManager>();
IDictionary<string, string> instanceIdContext4 = new Dictionary<string, string>();
instanceIdContext4.Add("instanceId", "c4489161-0983-4548-8a03-c694ab8b9201");
context4.SetContext(instanceIdContext4);
_ServiceChannel4.Start(request1);	//Should use the existing InstanceID, but a new one was created in database.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Persistence Workflow

Post by Shalex » Fri 25 May 2012 15:21

Could you please check the same scenario with SQL Server via Microsoft's provider? Is a new instanceID created in this case? If the behaviour of dotConnect for Oracle differs, please send us a small complete test project so that we can reproduce the issue in our environment.