VS11 Build Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Alladin

VS11 Build Error

Post by Alladin » Wed 09 May 2012 22:31

I'm using VS11 Beta on Windows 8 Consumer Preview. It has no .NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5 installed.

After installing fresh version of the Devart dotConnect, i'm getting following error:

The "DevartEntityDeploy" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Devart\v3.5\Devart.Data.Entity.Build.Tasks.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Devart\v3.5\Devart.Data.Entity.targets

How do I proceed?

Helen
Devart Team

Re: VS11 Build Error

Post by Helen » Fri 11 May 2012 13:41

1) Make sure that the required assembly Devart.Data.Entity.Build.Tasks.dll is present in the C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Devart\v3.5\ folder.
2) If Devart.Data.Entity.Build.Tasks.dll is present in this location, create a test application, put Devart.Data.Entity.Build.Tasks.dll to its folder and try performing load assembly. If you get an Inner exception when doing this please send us its text.