CLR assembly

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
jbnv

CLR assembly

Post by jbnv » Wed 02 May 2012 19:59

I'm attempting to use dotConnect for Oracle within a package that will be used within SQL Server 2008 databases as a CLR assembly. When I attempt to create Devart.Data into an assembly, I get an error message saying that System.Drawing is not installed. When I added System.Drawing to my project and redeployed, another .Net assembly was missing. The conclusion I get from this is that dotConnect for Oracle makes use of libraries that aren’t in SQL Server and don’t need to be in SQL Server. And that in order to use dotConnect for Oracle for our purposes, we will either need to load up our database with a lot of otherwise unnecessary assemblies, or find a different Oracle provider.

Is there an official word on using dotConnect for Oracle in this fashion? Is there a version of dotConnect for Oracle that provides the connection functionality without requiring all these additional libraries?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: CLR assembly

Post by Shalex » Mon 07 May 2012 13:55

The list of Devart.Data.dll's references:
System.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Xml.dll

Devart.Data.Oracle.dll includes these references:
Devart.Data.dll
System.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Transactions.dll
System.Xml.dll

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 07 May 2012 13:58

jbnv wrote:Is there a version of dotConnect for Oracle that provides the connection functionality without requiring all these additional libraries?
Devart.Data.dll and Devart.Data.Oracle.dll of all dotConnect for Oracle editions have the same references.

jbnv

Post by jbnv » Tue 22 May 2012 20:21

For some reason, System.EnterpriseServices refuses to compile to a working assembly in our project. This makes the Oracle component unusable for this project. We will find another solution. Thanks for responding.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 24 May 2012 09:31

Could you please specify the exact text of the error you are getting with System.EnterpriseServices.dll?
Refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... d48ba30986 .