Invalid attempt to FieldCount when reader is closed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
teddyFry

Invalid attempt to FieldCount when reader is closed

Post by teddyFry » Mon 26 Mar 2012 12:38

Hello

I am working on dotconnect for oracle 6.80 with stored procedures returning sys_refcursor in output parameter. Connecting to Oracle in direct mode and using a POCO model.
A few stored procedures work perfectly, but the vast majority return empty list.

When I inspected the ObjectResult returned by the call of my stored procedure. I note that the reader in the objectResult has the error : Invalid attempt to FieldCount when reader is closed.

Please help me
Last edited by teddyFry on Tue 27 Mar 2012 08:40, edited 2 times in total.

teddyFry

Post by teddyFry » Mon 26 Mar 2012 14:38

Here is a part of my edml :
(SP_MKSHIPMENTSFOR3010 works well and contains more than 20 parameters and return a cursor of 37 fields)

Code: Select all

<Function Name="SP_MKSHIPMENTSFOR3010" devart:ResultSetParameterName="RETURN_CURSOR" IsComposable="false" BuiltIn="false" Aggregate="false" NiladicFunction="false" ParameterTypeSemantics="AllowImplicitConversion">
    <Parameter Name="V_CLIENT_ID" Type="double" Mode="In" />
</Function>

<FunctionImport Name="GetKshipment_GetFor3010" ReturnType="Collection(CoreModel.GetKshipment_GetFor3010Result)" ed:Guid="XXX">
    <Parameter Name="V_CLIENT_ID" Mode="In" Type="Double" />
</FunctionImport>

<ComplexType Name="GetKshipment_GetFor3010Result" ed:Guid="XXX" xmlns:d5p1="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2006/04/codegeneration">
    <Property Name="KSHPIDT" Type="Int32" Nullable="false" ed:ValidateRequired="True" ed:Guid="XXX" />
    <Property Name="CTRCOMMANDEACHAT" Type="String" ed:Guid="XXX" />
</ComplexType>

<FunctionImportMapping FunctionImportName="GetKshipment_GetFor3010" FunctionName="CoreModel.Store.SP_MKSHIPMENTSFOR3010" /> 

teddyFry

Post by teddyFry » Tue 27 Mar 2012 14:47

It would seem that everything works correctly now. I specified "Default Command Timeout = 0" in the connection string and I can finally access my data.