dotConnect Mobile for Oracle Connection Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
milindsaraswala

dotConnect Mobile for Oracle Connection Problem

Post by milindsaraswala » Tue 06 Mar 2012 21:12

I have downloaded trial version of dotConnect Mobile for Oracle. Now when I start creating application for Windows Mobile 6.1.

I add OracleConnection control and set all database parameter and click on test connection. Which gives me Successfully connected.

Then I added OracleCommand with Parameter

But When I try to open OracleConnection from code-behind it gives me Network error:: 10050 - A socket operation encountered a dead network <Host = hp002:1521>

Why is it so. Do I am missing something.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 12 Mar 2012 13:54

Make sure that you have synchronized your device with a workstation because some synchronization tool (e.g., Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center) should be used when you work with a mobile device or emulator. Before deployment make Connect and Cradle to the emulator you want to use via Device Emulator Manager (the Tools menu in Visual Studio). After cradle the ActiveSync icon in the tray should become green (indication that synchronization is successful). In the case of Windows Mobile Device Center, its Sync Center should return the "Connected" and "Sync completed" statuses.

milindsaraswala

Post by milindsaraswala » Mon 12 Mar 2012 14:18

Yea you are right. I was not making sync with my workstation. Now it is working like charm without any problem.

Thank you for reply.