OracleEntityProviderConfig via app.config

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
isd_dev

OracleEntityProviderConfig via app.config

Post by isd_dev » Wed 12 Oct 2011 19:47

I am currently attempting to use the code-first features of EF 4.1 and would like to take advantage of the auto-generate schema capability.

In order to do so, it appears I must include the following lines of code:

Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Configuration.OracleEntityProviderConfig config =
Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Configuration.OracleEntityProviderConfig.Instance;

config.Workarounds.IgnoreSchemaName = true;

I am trying to keep my entities loosely coupled from my provider and any associated assemblies. This would cause me to have an actual reference to the Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity assembly.

In short is there any configuration section implementation or other way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 17 Oct 2011 13:42

We will investigate the possibility of implementing the functionality of storing settings of Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Configuration.OracleEntityProviderConfig in the *.config file and notify you about the results.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 11 Jan 2012 11:44

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: OracleEntityProviderConfig via app.config

Post by Shalex » Mon 02 Jul 2012 06:48

• The possibility of setting configuration options via the application config file is implemented
  • The Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.xsd file is added to the installation in order to simplify setting and validating the application config file settings when using the XML Editor
We will post here when the corresponding build of dotConnect for Oracle is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: OracleEntityProviderConfig via app.config

Post by Shalex » Thu 19 Jul 2012 09:58

New version of dotConnect for Oracle 7.1 is released!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24522 .