Number to boolean conversion

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
JEH

Number to boolean conversion

Post by JEH » Tue 04 Oct 2011 09:02

Hi,

I have several columns in my database that is number(1). These are converted to bool when I import the tables into my model.

I can change the data type to int in Entity Developer, but every time I update my model from database they are reverted back to bool.

Any way to avoid this? Either have Entity Developer keep my modifications or not convert them to bool in the first place?

The model is generated using the dbContext template and I'm using version 6.50.214.0 version of dotConnect for Oracle.

Regards,
Jan Erik

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Number to boolean conversion

Post by Shalex » Wed 05 Oct 2011 15:55

JEH wrote:I can change the data type to int in Entity Developer, but every time I update my model from database they are reverted back to bool.
Please clear the checkbox for your table with Number(1) on the "Choose change actions" step in the "Update Model From Database" wizard not to overwrite your settings.

JEH

Re: Number to boolean conversion

Post by JEH » Mon 10 Oct 2011 08:49

Shalex wrote:
JEH wrote:I can change the data type to int in Entity Developer, but every time I update my model from database they are reverted back to bool.
Please clear the checkbox for your table with Number(1) on the "Choose change actions" step in the "Update Model From Database" wizard not to overwrite your settings.
But this I would have to remember to do every time I update the model from database? I was hoping for something more permanent I could do as for the current project I'm working on converting Number(1) to bool will never be the case.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 11 Oct 2011 07:38

We are investigating the possibility of implementing Oracle Number Mappings support in Entity Developer. This will allow to set permanent mapping (Number Mappings = (Integer, 1, 1, System.Int16). We will post here about the results.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 09 Dec 2011 16:59

New version of Entity Developer 4.2 is released!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22845 (capability for customizing the default Type Mapping Rules is implemented).