Server did not respond within the specified timeout interval

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
liufan815

Server did not respond within the specified timeout interval

Post by liufan815 » Sun 31 Jul 2011 02:59

my connection is [Data source=develop.oracle;User Id=user_deploy;Password=us1425;Max Pool Size=100;Min Pool Size=5;Pooling=true;Connection Lifetime=600]

my application log show me "Server did not respond within the specified timeout interval" sometimes.i do not know reason.can i add "Connection Timeout=120;" at the end?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 02 Aug 2011 11:53

liufan815 wrote:my application log show me "Server did not respond within the specified timeout interval" sometimes.
Please check if any inner exception in this case, show us your call stack. Make sure that there are no any problems at the server side when this error occurs.
liufan815 wrote:can i add "Connection Timeout=120;" at the end?
This connection string parameter has an effect only in the Direct mode (connection string documentation).

liufan815

Post by liufan815 » Wed 03 Aug 2011 07:23

Shalex wrote:
liufan815 wrote:my application log show me "Server did not respond within the specified timeout interval" sometimes.
Please check if any inner exception in this case, show us your call stack. Make sure that there are no any problems at the server side when this error occurs.
liufan815 wrote:can i add "Connection Timeout=120;" at the end?
This connection string parameter has an effect only in the Direct mode (connection string documentation).
Hi,i am sure there are no any problems at the server ,except this error.
this is the stack
2011-08-01 00:05:12.531 ---> Server did not respond within the specified timeout interval
Com.Platform
QueryEntityListForSql
at Com.Platform.Helper.SQLQueryHandler.QueryEntityListForSql[T](DataItem fileItem, String sql, String[] paramsValue, Object[] values, IQueryAdapter queryAdapter) in I:\项目\Jxwin2012\Platform\Com.Platform\Helper\SQLQueryHandler.cs:line 601
at Com.Platform.Helper.SQLQueryHandler.QueryEntityListForSql[T](DataItem fileItem, String sql, String[] paramsValue, Object[] values) in I:\项目\Jxwin2012\Platform\Com.Platform\Helper\SQLQueryHandler.cs:line 569
at Com.Platform.Util.Dao.BaseDao.GetAllByCondition[T](Hashtable conditions) in I:\项目\Jxwin2012\Platform\Com.Platform\Util\Dao\BaseDao.cs:line 1258
at TacticsCenterApp.Remote.ServerTools.DoClearFactordata(Int32 m_Factorid) in E:\Jxwin2012\TacticsCenter\TacticsCenterApp\Remote\ServerTools.cs:line 631

there is no error aftrt i used the Connection Timeout parameter ,and i did not use Direct mode.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 03 Aug 2011 10:00

We need your inner exception and a detailed call stack (with Devart components) to identify the reason of the problem.

You can go to Tools->Options...->Debugging, and disable the Enable Just My Code (Managed Only) check box. Then go to Debug->Exceptions and enable Common Language Runtime Exceptions check box. These actions will allow you to catch the inner exception and a detailed call stack.

If the Debug mode of Visual Studio you are running your code from doesn't show a detailed call stack, you can obtain it by connecting from another instance of Visual Studio (2nd) (Debug | Attach to Proccess) to the first VS. Before attaching don't forget to make these settings in your 2nd Visual Studio: a) in the (Debug | Exceptions) window select Common Language Runtime Exceptions; b) in the (Tools | Options) window, Debugging | General - clear Enable Just My Code (Managed Only).