ORA-04043: object XXXXXX does not exist

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
jlentrichia

ORA-04043: object XXXXXX does not exist

Post by jlentrichia » Thu 28 Jul 2011 11:42

Does the Context object query Oracle when instantiated?

And if so, what is it querying for?

I'm getting this error when we are moving to staging environment but I can't pinpoint why/what it's asking oracle for, some kind of meta-data or something?

-Joe

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 28 Jul 2011 15:29

This may occur if the model contains pipelined Oracle functions; the query is performed to get the detailed metadata of these functions. Please confirm that this is the case (i.e., that your model has methods representing pipelined functions).

We are working on this issue, but cannot provide any timeframe at the moment. We will post here when any new information is available.

jlentrichia

Post by jlentrichia » Thu 28 Jul 2011 16:58

I removed all the elements and added only those that were in our staging environment and now it works. It is entirely possible that the original model had pipelined functions.

Curious why you need the metadata during this time instead of at compile time?

-Joe

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 29 Jul 2011 11:02

Oracle stored procedures that return result sets may have a cursor parameter with the type not described in the model. To treat this case, the LinqConnect runtime checks such functions when the data context metadata is prepared.

We will analyze the possibility of changing this behaviour, and post about the results here.