Is DotConnect for Oracle supported on 64 bit windows

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
javed001

Post by javed001 » Tue 19 Jul 2011 18:52

Hi,

We want to host or website on Windows server 2008 R2, which comes only as 64 bit OS. We have created one WCF service for accessing Oracle View data using DotConnect for oracle entity framework.
But after hosting it on Windows server 2008 R2 we are not able to access the data service (we are using .svc file for hosting). It says encountered some error while processing the request.

We are using default "Anomymous access" authentication and all others are disabled.

We are using DotConnect for Oracle version 6 professional version (installer name is dcOracle600.exe).

So my question is
1. Is this version supported on 64 bit OS?
2. If yes how to solve the above error?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 20 Jul 2011 08:00

1. dotConnect for Oracle assemblies are built with the /platform:anycpu option. So, you can use provider's assemblies on any platform (x86, Itanium, x64). For more information, refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zekwfyz4.aspx . The mode of your own assemblies depends on capacity of Oracle Client you are using, and doesn't depend on capacity of your Oracle Server.
javed001 wrote:It says encountered some error while processing the request.
Please specify the exact message of the exception and your call stack.

javed001

Post by javed001 » Thu 21 Jul 2011 17:55

The error message is

Request Error

The server encountered an error processing the request. See server logs for more details.

I do not have a call stack as I have hosted this service onto IIS and not running from development environment

It is IIS 7.5 on windows server 2008 r2

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 25 Jul 2011 07:48

javed001 wrote:I do not have a call stack as I have hosted this service onto IIS and not running from development environment
Why have you decided that the problem is caused by dotConnect for Oracle?
javed001 wrote:See server logs for more details.
Is there any useful information in server logs?
3. Try to catch exceptions in your code and write the exception message, inner exception (if any), and call stack to a text file to identify the reason of the problem.