Connection string" " could not found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
bicer

Connection string" " could not found

Post by bicer » Tue 21 Jun 2011 17:14

hello everbody i have problem about devart
i use wcf service library with xbao in visual studio 2010.
i can add lqml in wcf service but when i want to connect in xbap it give me
" Connection string"TablesConnectionString " could not found in the configuration file.
pls help

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 24 Jun 2011 13:10

I've sent you a test project in a letter, please check that it is not blocked by your mail filter. Please specify what should be changed in the sample to reproduce the problem, or, if possible, send us your test project.

maajid

Re: Connection string" " could not found

Post by maajid » Mon 27 Jun 2011 15:22

bicer wrote:hello everbody i have problem about devart
i use wcf service library with xbao in visual studio 2010.
i can add lqml in wcf service but when i want to connect in xbap it give me
" Connection string"TablesConnectionString " could not found in the configuration file.
pls help
Hello,

I am getting the same error during runtime execution. Isee the connection string in the App.config folder and works fine within Visual Studio, but when the exe is executed I get the error message as Connection string "myconnectionstring" could not found in the configuration file.

I am using a console application to access an Oracle database using Linqconnect.

Thanks

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Wed 29 Jun 2011 14:23

bicer, we couldn't reproduce the problem with the test project you've sent us. Could you please try adding the following method to your service and try invoking this method at the client:

Code: Select all

public string GetConnectionString() {
  System.Configuration.ConnectionStringSettings connectionStringSettings =
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["TablesConnectionString"];
  if (connectionStringSettings == null)
    return "Cannot find the connection string";
  return connectionStringSettings.ConnectionString;
}
Please tell us about the results.

maajid, please describe the structure of your solution. For example, please specify whether it consists of a single project, or, for example, the LinqConnect model is defined in a separate class library.