Where is Auto Generated Value property?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
rwarren

Where is Auto Generated Value property?

Post by rwarren » Fri 17 Jun 2011 16:48

I have an oracle database where primary keys are generated on insert by a trigger using a sequence. I'm looking at what might be a very useful post about dealing with auto generated primary keys:

http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... y+sequence

The solution provided there is to modify the "Auto Generated Value" property to true, and set the IdGenerator property to "Sequence".

I'm using an entity model (edml file) for Entity Framework, and the DevArt Entity Developer tool. I'm not seeing these properties (Auto Generated Value and IdGenerator) anywhere, so either I'm missing the point, using the wrong framework, or I'm using the wrong tool.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

rwarren

Post by rwarren » Fri 17 Jun 2011 18:19

I think I found what I was after. :D The property is called "Store Generated Pattern", and I set this to "Identity" and everything is working now. I didn't see this field name before, because I was looking at the Classes tree instead of the Database.store tree in Entity Developer (well, duh!)

Still don't see the properties noted in the forum, but I guess I don't need them now. I'm using dotConnect for Oracle 5.70.190, so perhaps the field names have changed in 6.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 20 Jun 2011 12:08

The post you are referencing to is associated with LinqConnect - a Devart ORM compatible with Microsoft LINQ to SQL.
The Auto Generated Value property is available in Devart LinqConnect models.
You are correct in the assumption that the StoreGeneratedPattern property is an Entity Framework analogue of Auto Generated Value.