Problem with license dot connect for oracle mobile

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
s.comello

Problem with license dot connect for oracle mobile

Post by s.comello » Wed 08 Jun 2011 16:08

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the latest version of dot connect for oracle mobile.
(I'm quite new to devart and also to Visual studio 2008, so i'm sorry if my problem is too silly)

When I try to execute my application on a winCE 5 pda, i can not connect to my database due to the reported exception:

"License was not compiled with Standard edition of dotConnect for Oracle. Reinstall dotConnect for Oracle, clear all temporary files, and recompile the application."

Can someone help me please, I have done as the message said many times but I cannot solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

Stefano

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 09 Jun 2011 10:40

Please try the following steps:
- uninstall dotConnect Mobile for Oracle;
- clear the Program Files\Devart\dotConnect Mobile, Program Files\Common Files\Devart, and \Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Devart\ folders;
- clear the bin and obj folders of your project;
- delete all Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files from the GAC;
- reinstall dotConnect Mobile for Oracle;
- rebuild your project.

If this doesn't help, give us the following information:
1) the exact version (x.xx.xxx) of your dotConnect Mobile for Oracle. You can find it in the Tools > Oracle Mobile > About menu of Visual Studio;
2) are you using trial or licensed version of dotConnect Mobile for Oracle? If it is the licensed one, have you used a trial version before (on this workstation/in this project)?
3) tell us the content of the Tools > Oracle Mobile > License Information menu of Visual Studio when the project is opened.