oracle warning messages

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
nmuralidhar

oracle warning messages

Post by nmuralidhar » Fri 21 Oct 2005 15:56

Hi,

I am using OraDirect.Net 3.1 , .NET framework 1.1 and ORacle 9 database. I am getting an error "ORA-24347: Warning of a NULL column in an aggregate function" when I execute the SQL using dataadapter and command object. Now, if I execute the same SQL in any oracle client like pl/sql or sql plus or Toad directly, I do not get any error.

So why should I get an error when i use OraDirect.NEt. Moreover why is it throwing me an error when it is just a warning ?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nagu

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon 24 Oct 2005 06:43

Send us please small demo project to demonstrate the problem to OraDirect .NET support address and include script to create server objects.

bejby7

Post by bejby7 » Fri 16 Dec 2005 14:56

Are there any solution to this?
We got the same error code (ORA-24347) when selecting data from a view where one column is generated by SUM() and one of the values is null. According to our oracle-admin it is a warning but not a error (OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO).
But an oracleException is thrown so we can't continue and ignore the warning.

nmuralidhar

warning messages

Post by nmuralidhar » Mon 19 Dec 2005 19:12

Hi,

Did you get any reply from anyone. WE have still the same problem, but corelab has asked me to provide with the sample file, and for that it will take time and I do not have that kind of time right now.

If at all anyone replies and you find a solution, please let me know. I really appreicate it.

Thanks.
bejby7 wrote:Are there any solution to this?
We got the same error code (ORA-24347) when selecting data from a view where one column is generated by SUM() and one of the values is null. According to our oracle-admin it is a warning but not a error (OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO).
But an oracleException is thrown so we can't continue and ignore the warning.

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue 20 Dec 2005 07:05

We cannot reproduce your problem with view

Code: Select all

create or replace view EMPview as
 select deptno, sum(mgr) sum  from EMP
group by deptno
and CommandText = "select * from EMPview". We did not received any error or warning with different values in DEPTNO and MGR columns. We tested on Oracle server 9.2.0.4, Oracle client 9.2.0.4, OraDirect .NET 3.01.5.

The last versions of OraDirect .NET support warnings in Direct and OCI mode. Possibly your problem depends on Oracle versions. Please write us versions of Oracle server, Oracle client, OraDirect .NET

Post by Guest » Tue 20 Dec 2005 14:27

This is one simple way to reproduce the problem (for me anyway):

Create a oracleConnection with connection string with system rights.
Create a oracleCommand with sql_text "select * from dba_sys_privs"
Create an oracleDataTable with above as selectcommand.
On oracleDataTable in designmode hit "preview data"

I'm using oracle 10g and oraDirect 3.1.5.0

Hope it will help you!

bejby7

Post by bejby7 » Tue 20 Dec 2005 14:31

Above replay was from me (and not from guest)

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed 21 Dec 2005 06:58

We reproduced your problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the next OraDirect .NET build.