ver. 5.35 ORA-0274 ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
zvb

ver. 5.35 ORA-0274 ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction

Post by zvb » Fri 27 May 2011 12:23

Hello!

When calling SP from WCF Service i receive ORA-02074 cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction.
The SP commits|rollback transactions explicitly.

I get this error only on customer's server an only when Direct parameter
is set to False in the connection string.
When it is set to True i get the real text of error, raised by the SP.
When I run application on my server - it's ok with both values of Direct parameter.

The main differences between servers is: customer's server has 4 processors, my - one processor.

I have a 3 tiered application: console client - WCF Service - Oracle 9.

I cant use Direct = true on customer's server, because it is working thery
slow there and hangs all its processors.
On my computer when Direct = true the program is working speedily.

A made some testings on customer's server and i found out that the same sequence of calls of SP made from WPF test application, running on the server works fine, but slows down when working in WCF service.

How can i make my WCF service work fast with Direct = true or
how can i get rid of ORA-0274 when Direct = false?

Thank you in advance!

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: ver. 5.35 ORA-0274 ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction

Post by Shalex » Wed 01 Jun 2011 06:55

zvb wrote:When calling SP from WCF Service i receive ORA-02074 cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction.
The SP commits|rollback transactions explicitly.
We have answered you in this thread. Please notify us if this helps.
zvb wrote:The main differences between servers is: customer's server has 4 processors, my - one processor.
I cant use Direct = true on customer's server, because it is working thery
slow there and hangs all its processors.
We think that the problem should not be caused by hardware:
1. Check antivirus and firewall software (try disabling it) in your production environment.
2. Try using the latest (6.30.160) version of dotConnect for Oracle. Does it make any difference? If you do not have access to the registered 6.30.160 version, download a trial version for testing purposes from download page.
3. If possible, localize the problem and send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML script to reproduce the issue in our environment.

zvb

Re: ver. 5.35 ORA-0274 ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction

Post by zvb » Tue 07 Jun 2011 10:05

Shalex wrote: We have answered you in this thread. Please notify us if this helps.
Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately Enlist parameter and new version of dotConnect have not solved the problem.

Shalex wrote: We think that the problem should not be caused by hardware:
1. Check antivirus and firewall software (try disabling it) in your production environment.
Another difference is in Oracle platform. We have Oracle running on Windows XP, our customer - on Windows 2003 Server.

And we have client, IIS and Oracle machines in local network.
Our customer have IIS in DMZ and Oracle in local network.

Shalex wrote: 2. Try using the latest (6.30.160) version of dotConnect for Oracle. Does it make any difference? If you do not have access to the registered 6.30.160 version, download a trial version for testing purposes from download page.
We have tried new version. The problem still exists.
Shalex wrote: 3. If possible, localize the problem and send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML script to reproduce the issue in our environment.
Ok, we will do it.
Thank you!