Cannot build App_Licenses.dll for MVC3 project

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
extrakun

Cannot build App_Licenses.dll for MVC3 project

Post by extrakun » Thu 26 May 2011 10:14

We are attempting to follow the steps described in the documentation to build a run time license. We need to build a runtime license because we are using the Razor view engine, which complies view files when they are accessed.

We're using ASP.NET 4, MVC3. We have created the license.licx file inside the root folder of the project, but there's no "Build runtime license" option in the context menu. The file is embedded as a resource too.

When I go to Oracle -> License Information, everything is all right : the project has the correct license.licx file and the complied module has the correct license information. There's just the error "The library has a reference to Devart.Data.Oracle but cannot check if the library is used by an additional executable." A search through older threads in the forum say to ignore it. However, I just can't build runtime license as there's no option to do so when I right click on the file.

The license.licx file is already in the root folder of the project. Is this what it meant by the root folder of the site?

extrakun

Post by extrakun » Thu 26 May 2011 11:16

Hi,

It turns out that we have to open the solution as a web site. The standard application view doesn't show any files in the solution folder.

I highly recommend this to be added to the FAQ/documentation.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 27 May 2011 15:04

Thank you for your suggestion. Please confirm that you have resolved the licensing issue.

extrakun

Post by extrakun » Mon 30 May 2011 08:44

Shalex wrote:Thank you for your suggestion. Please confirm that you have resolved the licensing issue.
Hi Shalex, we have resolved the licensing issue. Thanks!

cskardon

Post by cskardon » Fri 10 Jun 2011 09:32

Hi extrakun,

I'm a little bit confused as to what you mean below:
extrakun wrote: It turns out that we have to open the solution as a web site. The standard application view doesn't show any files in the solution folder.
How do you open the solution as a web site?

Do you mean just open the web project by itself?

Thanks

Chris

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 16 Jun 2011 17:00

cskardon, there are two project types in Visual Studio - Web Site (is compiled by web server on the fly) and Web Application (is compiled into a single dll at build time during development): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3980 ... pplication.

Depending on the web project type, you should use different licensing approaches: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... g.html#asp (the Licensing ASP.NET Applications section).

If this doesn't help, please specify the problem you have encountered.