dotConnect for Oracle and Reporting Services 2008 x64

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
stratdaz

dotConnect for Oracle and Reporting Services 2008 x64

Post by stratdaz » Thu 26 May 2011 07:02

I've just installed version 6.30 on my SSRS 2008 x64 box and can't seem to get the connector working when using it in a custom assembly within a report.

I have no Devart.Data.Oracle.ReportingServices.dll in my \ReportServer\bin folder and no changes have been made to either the RsReportServer.config or RsSrvPolicy.config files.

Is the installation process supposed to take care of this? If not please outline the installation process for me.

Thanks.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 27 May 2011 15:00

1. Are there any errors during installation of dotConnect for Oracle? Check the %ProgramFiles%\Devart\dotConnect\Oracle\Install.log file.
2. Please confirm that you have installed SSRS 2008 x64 on your Windows x64 (not SSRS 2008 x86).
3. Is your project type Report Server Project or Report Model Project? Report Model Project is not supported (we do not have a technical possibility to support it).
stratdaz wrote:can't seem to get the connector working when using it in a custom assembly within a report
Please specify the exact text of the error and the steps we should follow to reproduce it.

stratdaz

Post by stratdaz » Tue 31 May 2011 04:50

1. No errors during installation. Can't find an Install.log file under \Devart\dotConnect\Oracle\

2. SSRS 2008 R2 x64 confirmed.

3. Report Server Project.

4. System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission exception when calling a method inside the custom assembly that accesses the Oracle database.

RsReportServer.config ...

Code: Select all

<Configuration>
<Extensions>
<Data>
<Extension Name="Devart.Data.Oracle" Type="Devart.Data.Oracle.ReportingServices.OracleConnectionWrapper, Devart.Data.Oracle.ReportingServices, Version=6.30.160.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701" />
</Data>
</Extensions>
</Configuration>
RsSrvPolicy.config ...

Code: Select all

<configuration>
<mscorlib>
<security>
<policy>
<PolicyLevel>
<CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup" version="1" PermissionSetName="FullTrust" Name="Devart.Data.Oracle" Description="Code group for Devart.Data.Oracle data processing extension">
<IMembershipCondition class="UrlMembershipCondition" version="1" Url="G:\DSS_DVT\MSRS10.DSS_DVT\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\Devart.Data.Oracle.ReportingServices.dll" />
</CodeGroup>
</PolicyLevel>
</policy>
</security>
</mscorlib>
</configuration>

stratdaz

Post by stratdaz » Tue 31 May 2011 05:07

I should also add that the method call has the following attributes ...

[OraclePermissionAttribute(SecurityAction.Assert, Unrestricted = true)]

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 01 Jun 2011 15:12

1. Is dotConnect for Oracle installed on the machine where you are running the custom assembly?
2. What is the full text of the exception message? Can you obtain a call stack (e.g., by attaching with another instance of VS: example)?
3. Are you using Direct or OCI (via Oracle client) mode? Try changing mode. Does it make any difference?
4. Could you please send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML script to reproduce the problem in our environment?

http://www.sqlservercurry.com/2009/09/c ... rting.html
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms154658.aspx