Installer Detected Incompatible Version

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
yensid21

Installer Detected Incompatible Version

Post by yensid21 » Fri 20 May 2011 14:23

I am trying to install dotConnect for Oracle version 6.30.160 and I am getting an incompatible version found error. The message says:

Devart.Data assembly version 5.0.242.0 is found in Global Assembly Cache. This product is compatible with Devart.Data.dll version 5.0.260.0.

However, when I use the gacutil.exe tool, there are no references to any Devart product. In addition, I checked the assembly folder in the Windows directory and the GAC folders in the Microsoft.NET folder and uninstalled or removed anything related to Devart. I then scanned the entire c: drive and removed all Devart folders. I also scanned the registry and removed all references to Devart.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Installer Detected Incompatible Version

Post by Shalex » Mon 23 May 2011 08:10

yensid21 wrote:Devart.Data assembly version 5.0.242.0 is found in Global Assembly Cache. This product is compatible with Devart.Data.dll version 5.0.260.0.
Devart data providers use a common assembly (Devart.Data.dll), so it is necessary to install compatible providers versions. The compatible versions have the same release date.
yensid21 wrote:In addition, I checked the assembly folder in the Windows directory and the GAC folders in the Microsoft.NET folder and uninstalled or removed anything related to Devart.
Please make sure that there are no Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files in the %WinDir%\assembly\GAC_MSIL\ folder and restart your computer. Try installing 6.30.160 again. Please notify us about the results.

mnieto

Post by mnieto » Wed 08 Jun 2011 08:23

Hi

I have the same problem, but:
If I try to unistall the old versions with gacutil

Code: Select all

gacutil /u "Devart.Data,Version=5.0.93.0,culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701"
It say that I have dependent references

SCHEME:   ID:   DESCRIPTION : 
gacutil /uf cannot force uninstall if dependent reference is windows installer

How can I remove the old libraries?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 09 Jun 2011 12:23

We recommend you to uninstall the previous version of dotConnect for Oracle using the Devart uninstaller: %ProgramFiles%\Devart\dotConnect\Oracle\Uninstall\unins000.exe. You can also run it via Start Menu > All Programs > Devart dotConnect for Oracle > Uninstall dotConnect for Oracle.

By the way, I was able to unistall Devart.Data.dll with gacutil.exe from Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010) using gacutil /u. Maybe it makes sense to uninstall the Devart.Data.Oracle.* assemblies from your GAC first, then remove Devart.Data.Oracle.dll, then delete Devart.Data.dll. But we recommend using our uninstaller.

yuipcheng

Post by yuipcheng » Fri 23 Dec 2011 20:14

How do you uninstall the policy files in command line?
Shalex wrote:We recommend you to uninstall the previous version of dotConnect for Oracle using the Devart uninstaller: %ProgramFiles%\Devart\dotConnect\Oracle\Uninstall\unins000.exe. You can also run it via Start Menu > All Programs > Devart dotConnect for Oracle > Uninstall dotConnect for Oracle.

By the way, I was able to unistall Devart.Data.dll with gacutil.exe from Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010) using gacutil /u. Maybe it makes sense to uninstall the Devart.Data.Oracle.* assemblies from your GAC first, then remove Devart.Data.Oracle.dll, then delete Devart.Data.dll. But we recommend using our uninstaller.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 30 Dec 2011 14:13

yuipcheng wrote:How do you uninstall the policy files in command line?
You can uninstall the policy files by using gacutil.exe. Gacutil is supplied with the SDK. Run cmd and execute the following command:
gacutil.exe /u policy.6.60.Devart.Data.Oracle.

lancelotti

Same problem, no solution

Post by lancelotti » Wed 18 Apr 2012 20:13

I have the same problem with no solution until now.

I've uninstalled all Devart products, cleaned GAC, cleaned Windows Registry and same error on install new Devart Version.

I've tried everything that are saying in forums and so on.

The error persist:
"Devart.Data assembly version 5.0.272.0 is found in Global Assembly Cache.
This product is compatible with Devart.Data.dll version 5.0.431.0."

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 23 Apr 2012 14:24

Please make sure that:
1. You have deleted all assemblies with name, starting with "Devart", from GAC;
2. You have deleted all assemblies from the folders c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\ and d:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\

lancelotti

Post by lancelotti » Mon 23 Apr 2012 14:49

Pinturiccio wrote:Please make sure that:
1. You have deleted all assemblies with name, starting with "Devart", from GAC;
2. You have deleted all assemblies from the folders c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\ and d:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\
None of this folders exists. I'm trying to do this from days and days =[

I've tried to install every version since 2011 until now and the same error... I'm almost reinstalling Windows.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 26 Apr 2012 12:29

Please check the folder "C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\". Delete all folders containing the word 'Devart' in their names.
Windows Explorer can't see this folder because it has a shell extension which makes the GAC look not like another folder. To delete folders which contain the word 'Devart' in their names you can use Total Comander or FAR Manager. You can also use cmd. Execute the following commands:

cd C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\ - go to GAC folder
dir/p - page-by-page display of folder content.
write down the names of all folders containing the word 'Devart' in their names and then delete them. For example

rd Devart.Data

TheBeat

Re: Installer Detected Incompatible Version

Post by TheBeat » Wed 10 Jul 2013 14:41

That last post help me a lot when I was losing all faith...

Thank you a lot Pinturiccio! :D