License not found exception after build server upgrade to 6x

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
cglock

License not found exception after build server upgrade to 6x

Post by cglock » Thu 07 Apr 2011 19:39

I just upgraded our build server (Win2008) to 6.10 of dotConnect, now all projects that require 5.x of the provider are failing at runtime with a license not found exception. They all compile fine (their dependencies are local to their project) but fail at runtime.

These apps are all asp.net web applications and we are embedding a licenses.licx file in the main assembly. I can see that the compiler is creating/embedding a .licenses file into the assembly but still at runtime we receive a license not found error. Projects that reference the latest version of the provider work fine. One thing that I noticed when looking at the embedded .licenses info (the part that was readable anyway) was that i could see the latest version 6.10.xxx in there - I don't know if this should really be 5.7.xxx or not.

I have also tried manually (lc.exe) creating the license and embedding that but have had the same result - license not found at runtime.

I've tried most everything listed here: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... ml#general

Any ideas? (upgrading everyone is not a good option)

Thanks!

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: License not found exception after build server upgrade to 6x

Post by Shalex » Fri 08 Apr 2011 08:23

cglock wrote:One thing that I noticed when looking at the embedded .licenses info (the part that was readable anyway) was that i could see the latest version 6.10.xxx in there - I don't know if this should really be 5.7.xxx or not.
This should be 5.7.xxx, because the license resource is version dependent. Please refer to this thread for detailed explanation.
cglock wrote:I have also tried manually (lc.exe) creating the license and embedding that but have had the same result - license not found at runtime.
You should generate the license resource for the 5.7.xxx version on the workstation where dotConnect for Oracle v 5.7.xxx is installed.