Data Application Block Quick Start -- Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
venkatesulu

Data Application Block Quick Start -- Error

Post by venkatesulu » Tue 25 Jan 2011 16:55

After installation of the Devart tools and I started running the Data Application Block Quick Start. I am getting an error:
There are some problems while trying to use the Data Access Quick Start, please check the following error messages.
Unable to loac: C:\app\....\11.2.0\client\oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x version of Oracle client wiht 64x application.
I installed the 64x ODP oracle client on my machine. The computer runs on OS windows 7.
Any help is apprecaited.
Thanks,

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 27 Jan 2011 13:00

The mode of an application that uses Oracle client should be the same as the mode of the Oracle client. If your Oracle client is a 64 bit one, your application should be a 64 bit as well. You can find the mode of the processes via Windows Task Manager. Try rebuilding your project with the Platform target: x64 option specified in the project's properties.

We compile our assemblies with the "any CPU" platform target. So, they can be used in the x86 and x64 modes.

Also please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19012.