CreateUser ProviderError - fixed

CreateUser ProviderError - fixed

Postby Onyx23 » Sun 14 Nov 2010 20:05

What are the common causes for this?

I am using Oracle 6.00.46 Beta and Web.Config is :

I overload CreateUser method like this;
new Guid("04547943-9acf-4bff-a970-9f2e91026d98"), (Name.Text, password.Text, Email.Text, "No questions", "No answers", true, providerUserKEy, out status);

providerUserKey is new Guid -but (MembershipCreateStatus) returns
status = ProviderError.

I have no records in the database as this occurred on the very first attempt programmatically and before any login (Though I was able to add, delete and modify with no problems in the Web Administration Tool in VS) - what is the most common solution to this issue?

I solved this issue by pulling my head out out of my butt - by using Membership.Create user instead of the instance OracleMembershipProvider
O
Onyx23

Postby Shalex » Tue 16 Nov 2010 16:09

You are right, please use System.Web.Security.Membership instead of Devart.Data.Oracle.Web.Providers.OracleMembershipProvider in your code. We will investigate the issue and notify you about the results.
Shalex
Devart Team

Postby Shalex » Wed 19 Jan 2011 16:52

System.Web.Security.Membership works via Devart.Data.Oracle.Web.Providers.OracleMembershipProvider according to the settings in web.config. It is not recommended to use OracleMembershipProvider directly. ProviderError occurs if the OracleMembershipProvider object is used without calling OracleMembershipProvider.Initialize() before this.
Shalex
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for Oracle