Unable to Load Devart.Data.Oracle.dll on IIS7

Unable to Load Devart.Data.Oracle.dll on IIS7

Postby nssidhu » Fri 22 Oct 2010 19:35

when i Deploy the Web Site to IIS7.5 i am getting Error, Unable to load Devart.Data.Oracle.dll.

Devart was installed properly using the installation.

How to get it working.
nssidhu

Postby Shalex » Mon 25 Oct 2010 16:07

The error says that CLR cannot find a particular version of Devart.Data.Oracle.dll to load it to the process.
Please give us the following information:
1) the full text of the error. Is there any inner exception?
2) the version (x.xx.xxx) of dotConnect for Oracle you are using. You can find it in the Tools > Oracle > About menu of Visual Studio;
3) you didn't install dotConnect for Oracle on the target machine where IIS7.5 resides, did you?
4) you have placed Devart.Data.dll, Devart.Data.Oracle.dll, Devart.Data.Oracle.Web.dll in the Bin folder of your Web Site, haven't you?
5) check the web.config file of your Web Site to make sure that references to the Devart.* assemblies are set correctly. Pay attention to its versions.
Shalex
Devart Team

Postby RobertQB » Tue 18 Jan 2011 21:32

I've installed Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit, Oracle Client, .NET Framework 4.0. I've done the 3rd and 4th steps previously posted.

My question is: Do I need to install DotConnect for Oracle on my server, or the libreries in the "bin" folder are just fine ?

I'm trying to host an MVC 2 application on IIS 7.5 using DotConnect Oracle Provider 5.60.124.00 and I'm having this exception:

The underlying provider failed on Open.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The underlying provider failed on Open.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: The underlying provider failed on Open.]
Gyes.RBAC.DAL.Managers.ManagersImpl.DALRoleManager.UpdateTempRoleRest() in D:\MIGRA\Authorization\Gyes.RBAC.DAL\Managers\ManagersImpl\DALRoleManager.cs:2373
Gyes.RBAC.AdminConsole.Controllers.HomeController..ctor() in D:\MIGRA\Authorization\Gyes.RBAC.AdminConsole\Controllers\HomeController.cs:21

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +117
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +247
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +106
System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType) +102

[InvalidOperationException: An error occurred when trying to create a controller of type 'Gyes.RBAC.AdminConsole.Controllers.HomeController'. Make sure that the controller has a parameterless public constructor.]
System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType) +541
System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName) +85
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext, IController& controller, IControllerFactory& factory) +165
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +80
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +389
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +371
RobertQB

Postby Shalex » Wed 19 Jan 2011 16:18

RobertQB wrote:My question is: Do I need to install DotConnect for Oracle on my server, or the libreries in the "bin" folder are just fine ?

You can just place the Devart.* assemblies in the folder of your application (Bin folder for web projects).

RobertQB wrote:I'm trying to host an MVC 2 application on IIS 7.5 using DotConnect Oracle Provider 5.60.124.00 and I'm having this exception:

The underlying provider failed on Open.

Most probably you did not register configuration information in the DbProviderFactories section of the *.config file to inform your environment about the existence of the provider factory although your code uses dotConnect for Oracle via a factory-based class.

You can find a full answer to these and other questions related to the deployment topic at http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/docs/?deployment.html.
Shalex
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for Oracle